To strengthen its delivery network in the country, Indian e-commerce platform Snapdeal has added 3,500 new pin codes. The e-commerce firm will now serve more than 26,000 pin codes across all 28 states and nine Union Territories.
With this expansion, Snapdeal will now cover small towns in key markets like Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Madhya Pradesh.
Apart from this, Snapdeal has also entered lower density markets like Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, and Nagaland. The e-commerce platform has witnessed strong sales from smaller cities across India, which contributes 90 percent to its overall revenue with metro cities adding the remaining 10 percent.
Snapdeal uses an extensive network of third-party logistics providers to ensure that sellers can ship goods directly from establishment. It has partnered with leading logistics providers like Xpressbees, Bluedart, Delhivery, Ecom Express, Shadowfax, FedEx, and Gati to help it with the delivery of its products across India.