“If you aim to be a long term player you need to deal with issues,” says Rajeev Verma, Director, Time Option about the challenges being faced by the market today. “It is difficult to get (good) retailers and payments on time,” he elaborates.
New collection to make a mark
Time Option recently launched a new collection of jackets and sweatshirts for men and women. “Our jackets are mostly polyester or cotton based,” notes Verma. The brand also offersa huge variety in prints to cater to all age groups.
The women’s wear range includes bright colors and prints, while menswear is basic and focuses more on fitting. Women’swear uses a variety of prints while men wear basic check prints etc. “In our new collection, we have focused on smart fits and short length in cotton and crystal fabrics,” Verma explains. Time Option also offers lightweight and heavy leather jackets.
Talking about the current market, Verma says, “Demand for sweat shirt and jackets have increased. However, demand for sweaters has declined.” Around 35 per cent the brand’s current collection comprises light weight jackets while heavier jackets comprise the remaining 65 per cent. “We also offer fur and jungle print items,” adds Verma.
Targetting the middle class
Present in around 300 MBOs, Time Option targets customers in the middle and upper-middle income groups. “We have a huge presence in North India and are also engaged with the big retail chains like Globus. In future, we plan to augment our retail presence across India,” Verma sums up.