Trent Ltd appoints P Venkatesalu as new CEO and Executive Director
30th August 2021, Mumbai:
Tata Group Company Trent has appointed P Venkatesalu as the new chief executive officer and executive director for three years, effective 6 October 2021. As per a Fashion Network report, Venkatesalu was earlier the executive director of finance and chief financial officer at the company.
He will replace Stephen Rayfield who has resigned citing personal reasons. Venkatsalu joined the company in 2008 and has been with the company for 13 years and heads the finance and accounts, legal, and secretarial functions. He is also responsible for the strategy and investment activities of the company.
Trent operates Westside, a chain of fashion retail stores as well Landmark and Zudio fashion stores. Through a joint venture with Spain’s Inditex, Trent also operates the fashion brand Zara in India.
- 'V-Mart Retail' to open 55 stores this year
- 'V2 Retail' reports Rs 11 crore net loss in Q1FY21
- Lakme Fashion Week & PETA India, Indian fashion designers pledge to go leather-free on the World Fashion Day
- 'Shein' becomes the world largest online-only retailer: Euromonitor International
- Shantanu & Nikhil launch 2021 festive couture collection ‘Oasis’