Dockers partners Shoppers Stop for expansion in India


23 February 2024

Mumbai In its ambitious foray into India, California-based lifestyle brand has partnered with Shoppers Stop to inaugurate five standalone stores within its first year and expand its presence further across 14 cities.

Highlighting the brand’s success, Natalie MacLennan, CEO, says, over 50 per cent of the brand’s sales originate from international markets outside the US, particularly in Europe and now, increasingly in Asia. Citing its scale and growth trajectory, MacLennan names India as one of the most exciting markets for the brand, driving Dockers' interest in the region.

The brand has forged a strategic alliance with Ace Turtle, a retail technology firm, to facilitate its entry into India's retail landscape. Known for its successful management of licenses for various fashion and lifestyle brands in India, including Lee and Wrangler, Ace Turtle will oversee Dockers' offline and online expansion.

Nitin Chhabra, CEO, Ace Turtle, says, Dockers’ comprehensive rollout plan includes launching the first store in Delhi, followed by four additional stores and exclusive partnerships with Shoppers Stop and Myntra, a prominent online marketplace.

With a vision to tap into India's vast market potential, Dockers aims to become a significant player outside the US. Emphasising the importance of an omnichannel approach, the brand aims to offer a seamless shopping experience to its customers, blending physical store interactions with online convenience.

In line with its commitment to local sourcing, Dockers plans to manufacture a significant portion of its inventory in India, gradually increasing the local component season by season. Approximately 65 per cent of the inventory will be locally produced, with the remaining 35 per cent sourced from the global supply chain.

As part of its expansion strategy, Ace Turtle will focus on key metropolitan cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore for initial store openings, with plans for broader expansion in the pipeline.

Latest Textile Events

Author’s Posts