Bodycare International plans to expand in the premium segment


01 September 2021, Mumbai:

Driven by the values of trust, quality and excellence, Bodycare International has emerged a top player in the innerwear market. Incepted in 1992, the company today enjoys the distinction of being country's leading manufacturer and supplier of undergarments, infant wear, thermals and loungewear for the complete family. Sanjay Davar, Managing Director, expounds the company’s latest innovations, collections and future plans.

What are your new collections for the upcoming season?

For the upcoming season we cater to the needs and preferences of New Age customers. The collection blends trendy color palette with minimal detailing to boost their overall personality. Our latest collection complements varied body shapes and explores different types of silhouettes and sleeping bras. It uses soft cotton fabrics for a cooling while the light and pastel shades help infuse a sense of positivity in customers’ minds to make them feel happy. It blends basic silhouettes with the brand’s traditional working ideologies. We will also launch theme-based and seasonal collections as per requirement. Some of our collections are either directly or indirectly influenced by our competitors’ and help update our product offerings.

What are your bestsellers?

Bodycare International’s product basket includes the complete range of basic, modern and stylish bras with cut and sews, molded, PU foam cups. Our products cater to the needs of customers between 16 and 55 years. We also serve plus size customers.

What are the key fabric and color trends for the season?

This season, we have used 100 per cent cotton, cotton blends, cotton Lycra, spun Lycra, combed cotton, polyamide and also some imported fabrics. These have small floral as well as placement prints. The color palette includes light and pastel shades.

Elaborate on your retail spread.

We operate through EBOs, MBOs and large format stores in metros and semi-metros. Around 85 per cent of our sales are generated from offline stores while the remaining 15 per cent are generated though online operations and institutional sales.

What are your expansion plans?

We aim to update ourselves to customers’ evolving preferences and make our products more technical and premium. We are adapting to changing market demands and plan to add retailers, distributors, MBO and large format stores to increase our visibility, reach and availability across India. We also plan to expand into the premium lingerie segment.


TOP 5:

Author’s Posts