Women's performance wear brand ENGN plans to expand offline

Women's performance wear brand ENGN plans to expand offline

03 March 2023, Mumbai 

ENGN, a D2C brand specializing in women's performance wear, plans to expand its offline presence by opening 5-6 stores by the end of the year.

The move is aimed at establishing an omnichannel approach and building consumer trust through a seamless purchase and return cycle. At present, the brand has one brick-and-mortar store in Mumbai, which contributes to 20 per cent of its sales while the online segment makes up the remaining 80 per cent. ENGN hopes to increase the contribution of offline stores to 30 per cent of its overall business. Film actress Esha Deol, who is also the brand ambassador, leads the brand's growth through online channels and social commerce.

ENGN plans to introduce an athleisure category within a year and expand its product lines, keeping the Indian body type in mind. The brand believes that the performance wear market in India is worth Rs 1.6 billion and sees a significant opportunity in fulfilling the gap of good quality performance wear at affordable pricing.

ENGN manufactures its entire product line in India, mostly in Surat and South India. The brand also invests in female athletes, providing them with salaries based on their requirements and seeking their feedback to develop better products.

ENGN is working on educating young girls for more participation in sports to spread brand awareness.

Latest Textile Events

Author’s Posts